Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In the Bunker at Memphis

I took a break from it all and went with my wife and daughter on a vacation.  After getting back in the swing of things this week, its time to show you some pictures!!!

We went to Memphis Tennessee to meet friends and family and try to enjoy ourselves.  Of course we did the normal things like visit the zoo and go to a baseball game, but the real treat (for me anyway) was getting to run by Games Workshop's North American Headquarters!!!!

Awesome, right?! Well, I didn't get to stay too long as my little girl was tired (She is already rubbing her eyes in the picture.), but I did get to check it out.

I went into the Battle Bunker, which is the store and game center.  It was pretty awesome.  They had a mini-shrine of sorts to their productions through the years, everything from Mordheim minis to current releases.  On another wall, they had several armies painted from different races for Fantasy, 40K, and Lord of The Rings.  But the thing that interested me the most is where it all goes down...


 That's a lot of playing space!  Me likey! One table in particular caught my eye...





 Surprise!!! It's a cityscape!  My army would love to hide here!!!

I have some some close-ups!  I apologize in advance for the poor image quality.  I was frustrated with my normally ace camera on my phone (most of the pictures I load on here are taken on it) only to find out after I left I must have touched the photo lens when grabbing it from my pocket as there was a fingerprint on the lens itself. :P















Fortunately for my wife and daughter, they had a zone for breaks and relaxation with recliners, couches and tables. My wife noticed the banners on the wall above the seating arrangement and took a picture.


Here's a close-up of one of them...


Pretty Schweet, huh?!  Come to think of it, Elvis would be an awesome Ork!!!!  Rockboss Elvis... has a nice ring to it!

I went through the store section, but no picks there. Sorry.

I tried to pry some super secret information from the Games Workshop employees as well, but they were well trained.... too well trained for my Tau Water Caste buddies to sweet talk it out of them.  I'll bring my 'A'-game next time I''m there.

It was a fun time and I'd like to spend more time in the Bunker.  I will return.  Definitely the best experience I have had at a GW store.

Now it's back to the normal routine and painting my army when I got a moment to spare.  More to come, my friends... more to come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment