Monday, March 18, 2013

The Whispers Grow Louder...

Here I am sitting on an unfinished army that is pleading with me to get back to painting and I hear rumors of "new Tau" mounting by the day.  It's overwhelming and motivating at the same time.

I mostly stick to the painting side of things since I still have not been able to garner any appreciable playtime, but interesting things appear to be coming our way... especially if you are a fan of our fine blue friends.  This new image to float around the web certainly has me excited:

(Image linked from Warhammer Tau)



Tau Fliers!!!!  Oh, how I would love to get my hands on one of those.  So many paint schemes are going through my head right now.  Its only a top view, so we'll have to wait on what the profile looks like.  Still, they really grabbed my attention with these models.  They look Tau, but one can still see the influence from old World War II era bombers.  That brings back so many memories of playing with toys and models as a kid.  If this is what we have to look forward to seeing... then I must say good job on this one GW!

(Image linked from Warhammer Tau)

The Riptide, rumored as the Tau "Super-Suit,"  Looks good as well.  Although, I must say that tiny head is a bit odd to me.  I know it is to show that it is a Tau piloting it and wearing an armoured suit, but I can't get past the feeling that I want to add a larger head and make it more like a Gundam, with the cockpit in the chest.

[slaps self in the face]

No.  I must first finish what I currently have before me!!!

They sure have provided some images to drool over, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment