Sunday, May 23, 2010

Devilfish: Part Deux

I've finished painting one of the engine nacelles and I'm halfway through the first gun drone.  If your wondering why I'm doing those before I've finished the main body, I get distracted quickly.  : P  I half to freshen things up to keep my attention, especially with a very demanding project like handpainting this camouflage.  It also helps to give a good idea what the final project will look like, thus giving a visual destination of sorts.

Here are some pics:






I propped the engine up with bubble wrap as I will not actually glue it on until I have finished painting the side of the main body.  Fortunately, it gives a good idea of where the model is headed.  I have to say, after seeing most of that side of the devilfish painted, I am much happier with it.  It has definitely given me more focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment