Thursday, June 2, 2011

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!

So, I wanted to start working with some of my own stuff now that I've gotten started.  I bought a box of Fire Warriors and promptly opened them to start planning out what poses I wanted to assemble them in.  Upon lifting the side of the box, the first thing there were the round bases. Then, it hit me...  I knew at once that the first thing I could do to make these guys completely my own would be to make unique bases. 

I went to the hobby store and immediately bought some foam board and other hobby supplies and tools.  I came back and started cutting the foam board with my hobby knife and whittling it down.  I glued the pieces down and added ballast from the two kinds I had.  Once dried, I coated the whoe thing with Adeptus Battlegrey foundation paint from Games Workshop. I then added a Badab Black wash.  After it set in I then dry brushed a layer of Codex Grey, followed by highlighting layers of Fortress Grey and Skull White.

What came about was this:


Pretty good for my first base, wouldn't you say?  I think so.  I was so proud of it, that I didn't even want to add a figure to it at first.  I eventually added a Fire Warrior, but that's for another post.

I was so pleased with this base, that I made another to test my rubble skills.  Here is the second base (*needs a baseball joke here*)



A nice slab if I do say so myself. 

One thing is for certain, I will be expanding on these ideas for my Urban Cadre as they provide good bases thematically.  Plan to see more types of urban ruins in my bases in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment