Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Starting the First Crisis Suit

Well, I felt it time to start on a one of the Crisis Battlesuits to change things up and finally see what one would look like under my paint scheme.

The first thing that I've done differently than the other models from my friend's army, is that I didn't strip the paint off this model.  It was mostly still black, so I decided to just go along with it as if that were my base coat.

I decided to go with a cross between the Fire Warrior and vehicle paint schemes I had already outlined.  The overall look of the Fire warrior is the primary aspect I want to go for... black base, with dark "boots," digital camouflage armor, yellow markings, and red lenses/lights/etc.  But, the battlesuits are a median of sorts between the infantry and the vehicles, so I wanted to carry over something from what I had outlined on the devilfish as well.  As you can see in earlier pictures on this blog, the plates down the center of the vehicle forgo the digi-camo treatment for a solid color.  I decided this would be the perfect element to bring over for the Crisis 'suits.  I also decided to use the color surrounding the Devilfish's engine intake on the 'suits as well.

Time for some visual conformation of what I am doing.  Here is a picture of what I started last night. 


As you can see, I am working my way up the battlesuit from its feet.  I styled it just like the Fire Warrior. You can also see where I outlined the chest with the solid color application down the center. Once the digital pattern surrounds it, I believe it will be a good transition between the Fire Warriors and the Tau vehicles in my cadre.

I will report back when I've finished the Battlesuit and upload some pics as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment