Monday, February 13, 2012

Adding Some Grass

I took some time from unpacking and getting furniture back together to start adding more details to those Fire Warrior bases.  First up for updating was the Fire Warrior walking along the broken wall. The details in that one are the best out of all of them, but I felt it could still use a little spicing up. 


I used Woodland Scenics Natural Straw colored Field Grass.  It's thin with isolated strands, but can give a good effect in bunches.  I got a good tip from my friend to prop the model upside down after placing the grass in order to keep it vertical once it dried.  It's never good seeing your grass fall flat after getting just right.


I think it turned out well.  What really worked for me was painting the bottom of the grass a darker color to give it the look of both growing from the dirt and getting saturated with all that mud present as well.

2 comments:

  1. I think the grass is a nice touch. Getting ta few different textures onto a base makes a big difference in it's overall appearance.

    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ron!!!

      I've found some other materials to add as well, so hopefully I'll have a nice mix amongst all my bases.

      Delete