Monday, January 9, 2012

Devilfish Base

I started making a base for my devilfish.  Why does my Devilfish need a base when there are "flying" bases for those?  Well, because I want one.  Everyone has a clear plastic "flying" base.  I want to have something unique that fits with the rest of my army.

I needed something that was large enough to act as a sufficient base yet not be too big. I found some old CD's that my wife had burned years ago and had since been broken and/or defaced beyond repair. I super-glued them together to make a strong platform and then centered and super-glued a "flying" base on top of them.  Once the items dried, I had a base ready for embellishment.  Now it was just a matter of using the same techniques as I used when creating the bases for the Fire Warriors.

I did not have a camera available when going through the first part of this.  But here is an image of it after I created the scenery and gave a dark base coat over it.

As you can see, it follows the same theme of a destroyed urban landscape.  It is drying at the moment and I will continue the painting and update as more progress is made.

PROGRESS UPDATE 1

Here are a couple of pictures of the base with a little more paint on it.  Now you are starting to see the building debris.  I put in a couple of pieces of wood for good measure.  I also started the mud that the ruins come up out of.


No comments:

Post a Comment