Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Haven Found

Well, it's been a long time... TOO long.

I have had a lot going on in 2011.  Hopefully, 2012 is much more palatable.  With this new tidbit, I believe it is shaping up to be a banner year for Mechanical Volition.

There were two main problems I encountered in trying to engage the 40K hobby in the last few months: Time and Space.  With all the shenanigans of the 2011 calendar year, it became increasingly hard to find time for assembling my Tau army.  But, the real hurdle was WHERE to do it.  Being in a small two bedroom apartment really hampered my ability to find a place to both store my stuff and bring it out to paint. 

Now, many of you might think this is a lame excuse, but when you factor in a 3-year old child into the mix, well... it's no longer in the realm of excuses.  Keeping your paint and models away from a small child who loves to a.) paint and draw, and b.) play with small figurines is no easy task.  Here is a pic of what I mean:


This picture is actually from July of 2010, but is a fine example of what I would often enter our room to find after responding to an eery absence of noise from our child (A sneaky and opportunistic one she is :P ). Her painting skills are much better than this now (I'll upload proof later), and as amazing as it is to see creativity and ambition from your child, it can get somewhat bewildering to see models you are working on getting the toddler treatment.  Thus, one must hide the goods for both's sakes. 

That is where space would come into play.  In a small apartment, there are not many... if any... locations that prove to be child-proof.  And once you get your modelling equipment well-hidden, then its a chore to get it back out.  Then, if you only have an hour of free-time to work, it becomes increasingly unlikely you'll choose to spend 10-15 minutes digging out all the models and supplies and setting them up just to paint for 20-30 minutes and have to stop early just so you can make sure you can get everything shored up in time to get back to work/chores/life.

Thus, silence on Mechanical Volition for a few months.

But now, a glimmer of hope has set in motion a tidal wave of possibility:  We have found a rental house we can afford...



...with an EXTRA ROOM!!!!



And guess what?  It's going to be the painting/modeling/art room!!!!  Huzzah!

We'll hopefully be able to start moving in soon.  So, bottom line for the visitors to this site is:

ACTUAL UPDATES IN THE NEAR FUTURE!!!

Yep, that's right, in the coming weeks I'll be able to actually work on my army more and continue the march toward destiny!  So, please, stay tuned.  I sincerely thank you for your interest and patience.  I only hope I can provide content worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment